Toshiba’s rechargeable battery (SCiB™) products are a safe, high-performance, long-life, rechargeable battery solution for a wide array of applications ranging from electric vehicles to grid energy storage. SCiB batteries can be charged in as little as 10 minutes and have excellent thermal performance, reducing or eliminating the need for battery cooling. The LTO chemistry contained in SCiB is not susceptible to thermal runaway or lithium metal plating, providing exceptional battery safety characteristics.
- Made with Lithium Titanate, Providing Exceptionally Long Life
- Provides Up to a 100% Usable Range of SOC without Compromising Cycle Life, Allowing for More Use of Rated Capacity
- High Output Performance Equivalent to Ultra-Capacitors, Ensuring Sufficient Power Output for High Power Application Needs
- Superb Performance Even at Temperatures as Low as -30°C, Providing Excellent Application Performance in Extreme Environmental Conditions
- Produced on State-of-the-Art Automated High Volume Production Line, Ensuring the Highest Quality & Stable Supply
XE batteries provide increased power density for modern critical UPS applications and are the first specifically designed to meet the evolving needs of today’s data center requirements. Engineered with the most advanced Thin Plate Pure Lead (TPPL) technology and superior manufacturing processes, DataSafe XE batteries support runtimes under five minutes. Longer life, lower electric spend for float and wider operating temperature range result in savings of up to 25 percent Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) compared to conventional monobloc Valve Regulated Lead Acid (VRLA) batteries.
Lead Acid – VRLA – AGM, TPPL
EnerSys Thin-Plate-Pure-Lead (TPPL) products are valve regulated lead-acid (VRLA) batteries made with absorbed glass mat (AGM) construction. Markets and applications served by TPPL batteries are telecommunications, cable TV, emergency lighting, load leveling, hybrid electric vehicles, engine start, uninterrupted power supply (UPS), computer back-up, medical equipment, solar power data processing, electronic, defense, aviation, oil and gas industry, and material handling.
- Superior high rate power density
- Exceptional cycle life up to 200% greater cycle capability over conventional lead acid products
- Extended float life (12 or more years of expected float life)
- High stable voltage delivery
- Widest operating temperature range
- Superior performance at lower temperatures (twice the performance at temperatures below -20ºC)
- High surface area allows TPPL product to reach a high state of charge in fast charging applications in 1/4 the time compared to conventional lead acid VRLA batteries
- Can be mounted and operated in any position (except inverted) due to the products’ design providing an attractive feature for less accessible areas
- Classified as “Non-spillable Batteries” for convenient shipping.
- Shelf life of more than two times that of conventional lead-acid batteries
Nickel Cadmium (Ni-Cd)
The nickel–cadmium battery (Ni-Cd) is a type of rechargeable battery. Ni-Cd cells have a nominal cell potential of 1.2 volts. Compared with other types of rechargeable cells they offer good cycle life and capacity, good performance at low temperatures, and work well at high discharge rates.
- Very good high power rating
- Low internal resistance
- Reduced loss of capacity at low temperature
- No freezing at temperatures below 32°F (0°C)
- Robust against deep discharges
- Long shelf life
- No passivation in case of prolonged storage in partial discharge conditions
- Robust against abusive environment & optimized for harsh operating conditions
- No electrolyte stratification